About Me

Welcome to my production blog for Media Studies! I am currently studying at Harris Academy CTC. My production blog is to show off the years coursework and the amount of work produced throughout the year. I hope you enjoy it as much as i did making it! :)

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation 7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?



I believe a lot has been learnt from our preliminary task to our final product piece made. It is clear to see the difference from the basic uses of camera angles, steady camera holding and many more improvements that have been made from then and now. As I took the directing role, I was able to control the camera much better and steadily as I got used to how to use it. Also, we had to adapt to a major downfall, a person who had left the group. One of the many things i learnt about myself was the patience i had at the editing stages. As we were all ametuers at it, it made the process much more prolonged. I learnt how to work in a team and developed many skills there, as it was the beginning of a new year I learnt to work with people i had not yet known. I think under the circumstances, I worked well within the group, contributed fairly and helped equally in all the processes. If i was to do this again i would perhaps focus and think more carefully on the product, how i can get better shots (by filming at different angles to add effect, especially close ups which show great emotion)  and have a simple idea so more time could be spent on editing rather than filming. This brings onto my next point, timing. Timing was essential, it had to be planned perfectly as if one thing went wrong it would effect the planning (and shooting) for other days. For example, the weather is unpredictable so if it had snowed, it would be impossible to film. Also, as filming took longer than expected, created a greater time lag to edit.
The flow from different scenes are more 'relaxed' in our final product than they were in the preliminary task. This was because by adding simple transitions of fades both in and out created a more realistic change when the angle or shot types needed to be shown from a different viewpoint.


The last thing i feel i have learnt is the importance of planning. We didn't plan what to say or where to film our Preliminary Task. This created chaos as everything was so indecisive and last minute. By learning from this, we knew that if we planned ahead, we would have plenty of time to fix up in other things that may have caused problems (i.e technological devices). This clearly payed off as we managed to film our final product in a matter of a few weeks prior to the deadline.

Finally, I thought as though it would be valid to hear the opinion on what Licia had to say about my progression, who i worked with for the year on our coursework.



No comments:

Post a Comment